Harry,

I understand exactly what you are saying and while I agree with what
you are saying, a lot of the contributors to these very interesting
discussions are highly qualified people, many have a background of
design, inspection field work etc. All have gathered a wealth of
experience which allows us to know from our experience what if not the
perfect solution will do the job. I am from Darlington in the UK. I
have had experience of real steam locos, I have been on bridge
building teams with probably the best known steel bridge builder in
the world and even worked for a diesel motor company with its home in
Columbus. The experience we gather over the years helps us to make
decisions outside of the ideal situation. I would never consider using
substandard material for a permanent pressure or stress situation. I
do feel that the little boilers we build are rarely over 60 psi many
only at 30 psi and none run 8 hrs a day 7 days a week. So while I
understand that I have to tell my team to use only specified material
I have had to use other available material for example on site in a
non industrial land. Some of these substituted materials are still
doing their job today.

So while I agree with you fully in principle, in practice I trust my
experience. particularly on my little engines and I suspect many
others do this too. I think this is called preaching water and
drinking wine!.  Those not guilty raise a hand.

best regards

Bert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected]
Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

Reply via email to