I got a chance to do a little silver soldering yesterday. I built an
elbow out of 1/8 inch copper tubing. I actually got the solder to flow
and created a leak free connection. I'm starting of small but hope to
one day turn a piece of two inch copper pipe I have sitting on my shelf
in to something a little more useful.

 

I've heard in the past of people pickling their boilers after the
completion of assembly. What is that? (I know what it means in regards
to cucumbers.) What different type fluids are used in the process?
Should I do it to anything I hard solder (like my copper elbow, of which
I am very proud of! (grin))?

 

Dave Orwig

Virginia Beach

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://postfix.45mm.com/pipermail/sslivesteam/attachments/20061220/1a5982ef/attachment.html
_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected]
Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

Reply via email to