I'd like to discuss about the scope of XEP-0050. According to Motivation <http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0050.html#motivation>the objetive is to expand Jabber beyond instant messaging. However I see few XMPP clients feature command execution. I wonder if another approach could be considered.

XEP-0245 introduces a different way of executing a command, just by using a sequence of characters (/me ). Why not taking a similar approach for executing commands in general that will be addressed to the server? Gajim does it internally, but I mean a standard that does not depend on client, since it would be implemented at the server side.

I hope I'm not missing something...

Regards