Le lundi 17 octobre 2016, 13:03:52 CEST jorge - w a écrit :
> I'd like to discuss about the scope of XEP-0050. According to Motivation
> <http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0050.html#motivation>the objetive is to
> expand Jabber beyond instant messaging.
> However I see few XMPP clients feature command execution. I wonder if
> another approach could be considered.
> XEP-0245 introduces a different way of executing a command, just by
> using a sequence of characters (/me ). Why not taking a similar approach
> for executing commands in general that will be addressed to the server?
> Gajim does it internally, but I mean a standard that does not depend on
> client, since it would be implemented at the server side.
> I hope I'm not missing something...
> Regards

There are lot of clients featuring XEP-0050, but it's often hidden in
discovery menu, not super intuitive.

XEP-0050 is one of my favorite XEPs, simple, generic, and powerful, with
structured data thanks to data forms, nothing to do with a IRC-style command.

If you want to do text commands, nothing prevent you to interpret sequence of
characters, any bot can do it, and it will work everywhere. But that's a poor
man solution in comparison to XEP-0050