I'm not really proposing altering the existing standard, because it works fine for several tasks. It seems it would be just a matter of scope.

I know users writing commands looks weird, but we should consider that they will probably be using different clients at the same time and they would prefer doing the same in all of them. Anyway I just mean launching applications. Once they are launched, forms would take place in order to enter data.