On 18 October 2016 at 07:54, jorge - w <jwien...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My view is that XEP-0050 is fine as an admin tool, just like XEP-0133.
>
> But what is fine for admins is not always the same for regular users. That's
> why i think there should be a different interface for regular users mostly
> aimed to external applications. Users might prefer :app_short_name to launch
> them without the need for extra menus.

I think it's somewhat amusing that you're trying to suggest that
admins like a graphical form-based interface, whereas ordinary users
would prefer a command line. My experience suggests the exact
opposite, if anything.

I follow how ":app_short_name" might work. What I don't understand is
how one discovers that "app_short_name" exists, what it does, and what
parameters can be used, and how those parameters are passed.

Dave.