On 18 Oct 2016, at 07:54, jorge - w <jwien...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My view is that XEP-0050 is fine as an admin tool, just like XEP-0133.
>
> But what is fine for admins is not always the same for regular users. That's
> why i think there should be a different interface for regular users mostly
> aimed to external applications. Users might prefer :app_short_name to launch
> them without the need for extra menus.

This seems to be conflating user interface with protocol, there’s nothing
stopping clients from doing parsing for :something in the text field and
turning it into adhocs behind the scenes.

That said, if this is something you believe is needed, the usual thing to do is
to write up a protoXEP and see what support it gets in the community/Council.

/K