keith_w wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:

[...]

I suggest that having Personal Toolbar icons off by default is
preferable. The text hover state adequately shows me if the text is a
single bookmark/link or a folder by the different representations. A
folder is shown as a raised button, a link is underlined. Perfectly
adequate. And not having the superfluous icons saves a ton of space.
There are some images here that demonstrate how I set up my PTB and
how I take advantage of that extra space:

Thanks for reminding me of that, Ed. I'd forgotten, and I've had both
icons and text for so long, I sort of ignore it!
I do save a lot of space, as you say! I'll get used to it.

Two things:

1. I modified the userContent.css code to include the "!important" rule so it works properly in SM 2.x. 2. Read the section about "bookmark separators" - it really helps the presentation of the PTB items. There are screen shots.

http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_book_org.php

Good site...

Thanks!

--