Ed Mullen wrote:

[...]

I suggest that having Personal Toolbar icons off by default is preferable. The text hover state adequately shows me if the text is a single bookmark/link or a folder by the different representations. A folder is shown as a raised button, a link is underlined. Perfectly adequate. And not having the superfluous icons saves a ton of space. There are some images here that demonstrate how I set up my PTB and how I take advantage of that extra space:

Thanks for reminding me of that, Ed. I'd forgotten, and I've had both icons and text for so long, I sort of ignore it!
I do save a lot of space, as you say! I'll get used to it.

keith whaley

http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_book_org.php

Good site...