On 12/16/2008 10:24 PM, Philip Chee wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:14:27 -0500, Ed Mullen wrote:
>
>> /* Kill bookmark icons in the Personal Toolbar */
>> toolbarbutton.bookmark-item > .toolbarbutton-icon {
>>    display: none;
>> }
>> /* END Kill bookmark icons in the Personal Toolbar */
>>
>> which turns off the icons in the Personal Toolbar which, again, I really
>> need in order to save space.  Been using this one for a long time too
>> and it no longer works.  I wonder if the Personal Toolbar's name has
>> been changed in the code which would account for this.
>
> When I added the icon size/mode controls I also added to navigator.css:
>
> /* Prevent [mode="icons"|"text"] from hiding the label and icon */
> #bookmarks-ptf .bookmark-item > .toolbarbutton-text,
> #bookmarks-ptf .bookmark-item > .toolbarbutton-icon {
>   display: -moz-box !important;
>  }
>
> Phil

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but if you wish to turn off the
Bookmarks icon in the Personal toolbar you can (in about:config) set

browser.toolbars.showbutton.bookmarks

to false - icon is gone.

Basically using 'toolbars.showbutton' in about:config works for me to
turn off/on. Jens even gave me the useful tip on how to get rid of the
pesky (IMO) 'Go Forward' & 'Go Back' buttons in the news window - add:

mail.toolbars.showbutton.goback
and
mail.toolbars.showbutton.goforward

and set then set them to false.

Is this what you folks are talking about, or have I completely missed
the issue?