Andrea wrote:
I recently upgraded Firefox to version 3.0.5, but I want to keep SM as my default browser. For some reason, my computer thinks that Firefox is the default--and both browsers are set that way. I don't know why Firefox is set that way because I didn't purposely do it, but I want to change it. (It's NOT checked off in Firefox Tools, Options, System Default.) I tried setting SM as default in the control panel settings (Add/Remove Programs, Set Program Access and Defaults), but once I OK out and then open it up again, the setting isn't saved. I tried rebooting, but that didn't help. I'm using Windows XP, SP3 with SeaMonkey 1.1.14. Help. This has become a war between dueling Mozilla browsers.

Andrea

since you're using windows, do this. Close SM and FF. Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab, and at the bottom, check and make IE the default program. OK your way out. Close IE then reopen it and close it once more. Now, open SM and it should ask if you want to make it the default. Click yes, close SM and open FF. It will ask if you want to make it the default. Click no. Now, SM should be set. Is it?