Andrea wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> Andrea wrote:
>>>
>>> OK, when you say to make IE the default program, do you mean the
>>> checkbox for it to check to see if it's the default browser? If so,
>>> I checked it, OKed out, closed and reopened it. It was still checked
>>> off. But when I opened SM, it didn't ask to be the default. I looked
>>> at the SM preferencesoptions and it's still grayed out as the
>>> default browser. There's no checkmark in Firefox, but when I
>>> manually check, it still thinks it's my browser too. So now do I
>>> have 3 default browsers??
>>
>> are you using vista? If so, then I can't help you any
>> further.  Sorry!
>
> No, I'm using Windows XP, SP3.

I couldn't fix this until I installed a third-party utility, SetBrowser,
which was part of this link:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_browser

It's old and the software says I have Netscape installed, but it enabled me
to point toward the seamonkey.exe file and now SM is my default browser
again.

Andrea