Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Dan C wrote:
Daniel wrote:
u...@domain.invalid wrote:
All bookmarks suddenly disappeared. I have XP Pro set to show all files
directories and sub directories. Doing a file search for Bookmarks.html
does not turn one up of sufficient size. And the ones that do show are
not related to SM other than the new one it has just created.

I would appreciate counsel and direction.

I do not see that SM creates a backup bookmark file. Is this correct?
How can this be done?

TIA,

Dan C

Dan, SM does not, natively, make backups of your SM files. There are some here-abouts that would recommend you use a program call "MozBackup" to save all your profile information. Do a search for it!

In SM, have a look at Edit|Mail&Newsgroup Account Settings and select "Server Settings" of your Mail account. At the bottom of this screen, you should see "Local Directory". This is where your profile (your incoming/outgoing emails, etc.) is stored.

Now, whilst still in SM, have a look at Tools|Switch Profiles. Do you have more than one profile available?? If so, select the other accounts to see if your lost info is in one of the others!

Report back!

Daniel,
Found profile and it seems to be only for Inbox frame.

There is the default and the named profile. I did initiate the default, nothing there but default info and setup and it is not used at all, no bookmarks other than canned with program.

Dan

in your profile, do you see a file called bookmark.bak? If so, then rename it to bookmark-bak.html, then use the bookmark manager to open it, from File, Open. Do you see the rest of your bookmarks in that file?

No bookmark(s).bak for SM.  There are some for Firefox (I use, wife uses SM)

Dan