Jens Hatlak wrote:
Dan C wrote:
I do not see that SM creates a backup bookmark file. Is this correct?

Yes. Bug 226720 and others discuss how to overcome that situation but unfortunately there's currently no development in that direction. I for one think that the application should take care of bookmarks backup itself. If we adopted Firefox's bookmarks backend we'd get backup for free but as much as I'd like to see bookmarks backup I don't think that should be the main factor in the decision whether to use Places for bookmarks in SeaMonkey.

but FF2 used a backup and it wasn't using places at the time.