HeavyDuty wrote:
Mark Hansen wrote:

I think you misunderstood here. When connecting to comcast's SMTP server, you'll
never provide your Mcleod user name and/or password.

If that is the case, how is that I can send earthlink e-mail accounts using the smtpauth.earthlink.net server address while using the Comcast cable?

Some providers allow 'relaying', others do not.

For example: If I use my cogeco connection, I can mail 'out' using either my cogeco id or my sympatico id (user/pass). But if I use the sympatico connection, I cannot use my cogeco id.

Sympatico doesn't allow 'relaying' - Cogeco does.