Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
MS Win98se system with SM connected to mail.rdu.bellsouth.net SMTP server.
I retrieved an email message, selected Reply all, composed my reply
and pressed Send.
The system puts up an Alert box with the message
"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded not
our customer. Please verify that your email address is correct in your
Mail Preferences and try again"

Several test mail messages to single recipients go out ok.
Powering down the modem for several minutes and a reboot of the Operating system make no difference.
I can not send a Reply All to that message.

Are you sure all the addresses in the Reply All are valid? Some people spoof their return addresses so if that's where you got them, one could easily be invalid. What happens if you use in a Reply All, only the addresses which were successful when used singly?