On 01/26/09 19:58, Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
> MS Win98se system with SM connected to mail.rdu.bellsouth.net SMTP server.
> I retrieved an email message, selected Reply all, composed my reply
> and pressed Send.
> The system puts up an Alert box with the message
> "An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded not
> our customer. Please verify that your email address is correct in your
> Mail Preferences and try again"

It sure sounds like that message is coming from your ISP (more specifically,
the SMTP server you have configured in your Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings.

It sounds to me like it is complaining about your login and password used
to connect to the server, but I don't see why that would change when doing
a reply all. It could be (as Robert has suggested) that the problem is
with one (or more) of the e-mail addresses you are sending the message
to. You should contact the support department for your ISP and see
what they have to say.