Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:

I retrieved an email message, selected Reply all, composed my reply
and pressed Send.
The system puts up an Alert box with the message
"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded not
our customer. Please verify that your email address is correct in your
Mail Preferences and try again"

1) The wording of the error message is very  misleading since it
strongly suggests that it is my address that is wrong in the
preferences, but doesn't suggest at all that it could be
one of the other addresses.

yes, the message is very misleading. It does sound like its complaining about *your address*. Perhaps you should complain to your email provider.

AT&T, formerly Bellsouth (BS). Fat chance!
SNAFU by design seems to be their Moto.

Wait, do you still have at&t mail, or have you moved to Yahoo! mail? I ran the Prodigy=>SBC=>at&t news servers for twelve years and their customer mail was sendmail on UNIX. If you are on Yahoo! good luck to you.

I don't suppose the message got mangled coming back to you, and some recipient server said "not our customer" which got passed back to you. That sound slightly more likely.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>