Ken wrote:
at one point I got a scary message about 'Be careful! This configuration page contains settings that keep this application working properly. Modifying these settings may cause problems ...'.

You're probably referring to the screen that appears when you go to about:config. That warning is meant to make people not change arbitrary settings they know nothing about. If you change only specific settings that are safe to be changed (like the one I named, plugin.expose_full_path) you can do no harm. Trust me.

I don't want any dramas at this time, when I have a publisher's deadline looming ...

Sure, choose your time.

HTH

Jens

--