And again it's Ken. Note: I don't have this problem if I use Windows Internet Explorer. But I prefer to use SM.

- Ken in Oz
-----
Ken wrote:
Ken again. I found out how to use Windows System File Checker and was instructed to run my Windows XP installation disk. But the problem remains.

I am still being told:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe
R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I have already visited a Windows XP forum, where I learnt how to use the Windows System File Checker commands.

I am using the nice-and-stable SM 1.1.11

What should be my next move, anyone, please?

- Ken in Oz
---
Ken wrote:
JeffM wrote:
Ken wrote:
What do I do about this message: Runtime Error!  Program:
C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe
It concerns Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library, I gather.

So, find the broken library and replace it.
http://google.com/search?q=site:microsoft.com+%22+System.File.Checker

Thanks Jeff. I see reference to a Windows System File Checker (Sfc.exe) which uses command lines in conjunction with the Windows File Protection (WFP) feature.

I have Windows XP Home. How do I actually use these command lines? Type them somewhere, I guess. But where?

Anyone?

Thanks - Ken in Oz