On 2/9/2009 11:54 AM, NoOp wrote:
> On 02/09/2009 10:20 AM, David L. Ross wrote:
>> John Doue wrote:
>>> As Hana suggests, a short list would be interesting since I
>>> actually find that SM 1.1.13 very seldom lets me down in this
>>> respect.
>>> I actually fear that new SM versions, by integrating some code,
>>> will actually make more difficult accessing a number of sites which
>>> it will deem  "unsafe" or some other qualificative. We already
>>> experienced this with version 1.1.14.
>> Here's one I just hit. Visit >www.apple.com/support/> SM will not let
>> me enter text into the search field. The one on the left. FF will.
>> Been this way for a few weeks.
>> There are others I just haven't been keeping a list. I really like SM
>> for it's integration, IMAP, and the ability to adjust the browser via
>> the tools menu for cookies and such but the staff at the businesses I
>> support are getting restless.
>> David
> That site: http://www.apple.com/support/
> 1.1.14: Search Support bar doesn't work - Search (upper right does)
> 1.1.15pre: Search Support bar doesn't work - Search (upper right does)
> 2.0a3pre: Search Support bar works fine
> Fx 3.0.5: Search Support bar works fine
> Doesn't appear to be browser sniffing, as when I spoof 1.1.14/15pre as
> Fx it still doesn't work. Plus, if you turn off styles (View|Use
> Style|None) you then can enter information in Search Support. So, it
> looks like a style issue. File a bug report please.
> Hint: as a temp workaround, turn of default style, enter your search,
> then turn default style back on to view the page normally. Also,
> thereafter you can then use Search Support from that page & it will work.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:
Gecko/20081204 SeaMonkey/1.1.14

I went to the cited site.  The Search Support bar (the one with the
default input "Enter keywords or serial number") worked fine searching
on "quicktime".  I then did the same search in the smaller input area at
the top-right corner of the page.  While it accepted my input, it
reported that the search failed.  Terminating SeaMonkey, resetting my
cookies, and restarting SeaMonkey, searching for "quicktime" in the
upper-right corner worked.

The page has 10 HTML errors.  I suspect it also has logical errors in
how it handles cookies.

David E. Ross

Don't ask "Why is there road rage?"  Instead, ask
"Why NOT Road Rage?" or "Why Is There No Such
Thing as Fast Enough?"