On 2/14/2009 7:22 AM, Ray K wrote:
> If I go here,
>
> http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/02/14/A-Possible-Cure-for-Diabetes-Ignored-by-Big-Pharma.aspx,
>
> or to many other pages of the above site, vertical scrolling is strange,
> whether dragging the scrolling bar or using the mouse wheel.
>
> Using the wheel as an example, and scrolling from top to bottom, the
> right 2/3 or so of the screen scrolls upward ahead of the left 1/3, with
> the left portion about one-half a line behind the right. Once the right
> 2/3 stops scrolling, the left 1/3 catches up (in less than a second) and
> everything looks okay. Same situation exists scrolling the other way:
> the left 1/3 lags a fraction of a line for a fraction of a second.
>
> I haven't observed this behavior at other sites; it does not occur using
> Internet Explorer.
>
> Any idea about the cause of this odd annoyance? Are there internal
> settings in SM I can change to correct it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray

As I said in another thread, IE is programmed to "guess" what a Web
developer meant when invalid HTML was used.  Mozilla's Gecko engine and
other browsers do the same thing.

The problem is that different browsers guess differently.  Thus, the
results in IE and SeaMonkey will likely not be the same when trying to
display a pathological Web page.  If the invalid HTML is sufficiently
buggy, one browser might (by unplanned coincidence) guess correctly
while another will just display garbage.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

Don't ask "Why is there road rage?"  Instead, ask
"Why NOT Road Rage?" or "Why Is There No Such
Thing as Fast Enough?"
<http://www.rossde.com/roadrage.html>