On 2/28/2009 2:29 AM PT, Robert Kaiser typed:

Ant wrote:
I noticed Debian's Lenny doesn't have IceApe packages. What happened to
it? I use this Web browser suite. Is there a Debian package of it? :(

You need to ask Debian. IceApe is a Debian project that ships a substantially modified version of our software, and we neither have control over it nor want control over it. Only the Debian people can know what's up with that package. The real SeaMonkey is available for download at http://www.seamonkey-projct.org/

I got the answer:

Subject: Plans for Iceape
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 12:00:25 +0100
From: Mike Hommey
To: pkg-mozilla-maintain...@lists.alioth.debian.org
CC: Moritz Muehlenhoff, RingoBell

Hi all,

As it took some time for me to decide the fate of Iceape, and mails
about it started gathering, here are my current plans for Iceape.

As I can't commit to follow the seamonkey 1.1 branch mainly because
of time constraints, except if some people stand up to give a hand,
which has happened despite several calls for help, Iceape 1.1.x, which
wasn't shipped in Lenny because we couldn't commit to support it for
security, won't be restored to unstable.

My current plan, which might take some time, is to first get xulrunner
1.9.1 in experimental, and then get iceape 2.0 alphas, or betas built
against it. Progression to unstable will depend on how xulrunner
reverse dependencies can deal with 1.9.1.

Cheers,

Mike

--

So, that means v1.1 for Debian is currently dead.

I tried to install SeaMonkey (SM) from mozilla.org, but am having problems getting my plugins and Adblock Plus v1.0.1 (from apt-get command; works fine in IceWeasel, but not showing up in SM).

Are there any documents on how to migrate over and make them work SM v1.1.14 correctly? :(

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"I like ants, in chocolate. Crunch, hummmm." --unknown
   /\___/\