Henry wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

Henry wrote:

I'm still running Mozilla and want to change to SeaMonkey. I notice in my profile that I have two .slt folders. One has only a folder called Trash and a folder called Trash.cache. The other has many, many items including bookmarks etc.

Should I have two .slt folders and will that give me trouble when I install SeaMonkey? Should I do anything about them or just leave both of them?

Thanks.

Henry

when you say mozilla, do you mean the old Mozilla Suite, or Mozilla Firefox?

Mozilla 1.8.1.11 suite

Henry

I have no idea what 1.8.1.11 is. Mozilla Suite never went that high. It was either Mozilla 1.7.13 which was the last official release or 1.8ba which never made it to release.

So, I'm presuming you have the old Mozilla Suite. If so, then close Mozilla, and click on the windows start button, then run and enter:

mozilla.exe -p

this will start the Mozilla Profile Manager. How many profiles do you see? If one, then go ahead and delete the .slt folder with the trash.cache in it. I'm presuming that is when you deleted the cache, this is the directory that it created.

Otherwise, go ahead and install SM. It will pick up your last Mozilla Suite profile and start using that.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm