Philip Chee wrote:
On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:50:47 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
n...@home wrote:
I'm new to having a laptop, and we travel a lot. I do my research and planning on the internet, and have a number of sites I would like to be able to review when I don't have web access. Its not important that the sites be updated, nor that their links work, I just want the information.

I've been taking screenshots of each page, making them into a jpeg file, and storing that, but it is a lot of work as many sites I like have multiple pages.

I use Vista and Seamonkey 1.1.16. Internet explorer is on the machine, but I don't use it enough to be familiar with it. Is there some way to save web-sites so I can read them when off-line, or would this use too much of the limited storage on the typical laptop?
Rickles has told you one thing, and I'm going to tell you another: if you want to download the entire website to your hard drive, then get website downloaders, such as: HTTrack Website Copier: http://www.httrack.com/

or spidermonkey: http://spiderzilla.mozdev.org/

Here is another alternative.
First install xSidebar for SeaMonkey:
<http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/>
Then install Scrapbook for SeaMonkey:
<http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modified.html#scrapbook>

Scrapbook is a Firefox extension, which helps you to save Web pages and
easily manage collections. Key features are lightness, speed, accuracy
and multi-language support. Major features are:

    * Save Web page
    * Save snippet of Web page
    * Save Web site (In-depth Capture)
    * Organize the collection in the same way as Bookmarks tree
    * Highlighter, Eraser and various page editing tools
    * Full text search and quick filtering search
    * Text edit feature resembling Opera's Notes

Phil

Oooo, that sounds interesting. I'll have to look into that one. Thanks Phil for converting it.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm