Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
Rob Steinmetz wrote:
Email

Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
Rob Steinmetz wrote:
That is you download more than 39,897 messages the counter runs backwards?

It reads;

Downloading 1 of 40767
Downloading 1 of 40766
Downloading 1 of 40765

Until you get to 38,897 then it reads properly, except the maximum value is 39,897

I wonder if this is a server thing?

What counter? Where? Mail? Newsgroups?

I've never downloaded that many messages at one time

Forty thousand emails? At one time? Even with a dozen accounts it would take me over 6 months to get that many. So I haven't done any testing at all in this field, safe to say.

As of 2003, the 'average' email size was 59kb, so if your emails are anywhere near that average, thats over 2,350,00kb or 2,300mb or slightly more than 2 gigabytes

furthermore, there is a 2 gig limit for windows. Perhaps that is the reason for the problem