John wrote:
The password manager in SeaMonkey doesn't always offer to save a password, depending on the site being visited. I have noticed in particular that it frequently won't save a password for a secure website having an https://... address. And yet this is not always the case. It will save the password for some secure sites. Is there any way to get it to save the passwords for all sites? Thanks!

some sites are now disabling the Save Passwords function. They claim its in your best interest.

Anyways, check your settings: Edit, Preferences, Privacy & Security, Passwords, and make sure that Remember Passwords is checked.

If that doesn't work, then try the remember passwords bookmarklet. That has always worked for me:

Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for some strange reason, not to the newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.