On Jun 21, 3:37 pm, "Paul B. Gallagher"
<pau...@pbgdashtranslations.com> wrote:

> Cruz, Jaime wrote:

> > GreenXenon wrote:

> >> Hi:
>
> >> I have the latest version of SeaMonkey -- SeaMonkey 1.1.16 Mozilla/5.0
> >> (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.21) Gecko/20090403
> >> SeaMonkey/1.1.16
>
> >> I just installed Java-6-Update-14 but it's not working. Java doesn't
> >> show up on the test website [i.e.
> >>http://java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml
> >> ]. Also games using Java don't work.
>
> >> So I had to go back to using Java-6-Update-13. Now everything except
> >> my Excite Mail account is working. Apparently the Excite Mail
> >> application requires the latest version of Java as of a couple of days
> >> ago.
>
> >> What's going on here?
>
> >> What is the latest version of Java that SeaMonkey is fully-compatible
> >> with?
>
> >> Alternatively, what is the most advanced Mozilla-based, non-Firefox
> >> browser that is fully-compatible with Java-6-Update-14?
>
> >> I don't like Firefox or Internet Explorer at all. I prefer SeaMonkey
> >> or Mozilla-Suite anytime.
>
> >> Thanks a bunch

> > Try reinstalling because I'm running Java 6, Update 14 just fine here
> > without problems...
>

> May not be necessary.
>
> I had the same failure on their test page, read the instructions, and
> solved it.
>
> The answer was here:
> <http://java.com/en/download/help/5000021500.xml>
>
> Print or memorize the instructions, close SeaMonkey, update the setting
> in the Java Control Panel, then relaunch SeaMonkey and revisit the test
> page.

Thanks for all responses.

I just installed SeaMonkey 1.1.17. I then un-installed Java 6 Update
14 and then re-installed it.

Then I followed the directions you gave me. Unfortunately, I still get
the same problem on their test page.

Also, in the "Default Java for browsers" icon, I checked "Mozilla
Family". I closed Java's control panel and reopened it. The "Mozilla
Family" box was unchecked! It seems that on my system J6-U14
blantantly refuses to run on SeaMonkey. SeaMonkey is my favorite
browser so this really frustrates me. I don't get along with any
browser other than SeaMonkey.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks again