Martin Feitag wrote:
GreenXenon schrieb:

On my first attempt, I left SM open when I updated the setting in the
Java Control Panel, and it didn't take. But if you did close SM before
checking the box and it still didn't take, perhaps it's a Vista issue
(I'm on XP Pro SP3).

I did the later and it still didn't work. In addition, I use XP Pro
SP3 -- no other OS. Still, on my PC -- for some reason I can't figure
out -- J6-U14 refuses to work on SeaMonkey. However, J6-U13 works
fine, unfortunately Excite mail is only compatible with J6-U14.

Just to make sure: Have you disabled/closed the quickstart before running java-setup?
regards

Martin

I was thinking along those lines, too, Martin, but GreenXenon has said that he can revert to update 13 O.K.

Maybe, if he hasn't disabled the Quick Launch/Start, he may not have really removed the U13 in the first place!

Daniel