On Jun 23, 11:46 am, GreenXenon <glucege...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 21, 3:37 pm, "Paul B. Gallagher"
>

> <pau...@pbgdashtranslations.com> wrote:
> > Cruz, Jaime wrote:

> > > Try reinstalling because I'm running Java 6, Update 14 just fine here
> > > without problems...
>
> > May not be necessary.
>
> > I had the same failure on their test page, read the instructions, and
> > solved it.
>
> > The answer was here:
> > <http://java.com/en/download/help/5000021500.xml>
>
> > Print or memorize the instructions, close SeaMonkey, update the setting
> > in the Java Control Panel, then relaunch SeaMonkey and revisit the test
> > page.
>
> Thanks for all responses.
>
> I just installed SeaMonkey 1.1.17. I then un-installed Java 6 Update
> 14 and then re-installed it.
>
> Then I followed the directions you gave me. Unfortunately, I still get
> the same problem on their test page.
>
> Also, in the "Default Java for browsers" icon, I checked "Mozilla
> Family". I closed Java's control panel and reopened it. The "Mozilla
> Family" box was unchecked! It seems that on my system J6-U14
> blantantly refuses to run on SeaMonkey. SeaMonkey is my favorite
> browser so this really frustrates me. I don't get along with any
> browser other than SeaMonkey.
>
> Is there a workaround?
>
> Thanks again

I forget to specify, that when visiting the java test page, I get that
stubborn "Click here to go the plugin" message. When I click it, a
"Plug-in Not Loaded" dialog-box pops up. In that dialog box, it
states:

"Information on this page requires a plug-in for:

                                   application/x-java-xm

You can retrieve the plug-in from:

Plug-in Finger page

To retrieve the plug-in now, click the Get the Plug-in button and
then select the plug-in you need from the page that appears."

Below the above statements are two buttons -- "Get the Plug-in" and
"Cancel"

If I click the "Get the Plug-in" it takes me to a page to download
what I've already downloaded and installed -- J6-U14!!!!

This is so annoying!