Ken Rudolph schrieb:
Martin Feitag wrote:
Ken Rudolph schrieb:

These sites aren't exactly malware, being fairly typical of important
web resources. The fact that SM 1x can't handle them, despite their
deficiencies, is all the more reason that SM 2x is necessary. I'm not a
beta kinda user...when IS 2.0 release version actually scheduled for? It
is really needed NOW.

--Ken Rudolph

Sry but afaik there's only a BETA scheduled for now which is targeted
around the 16th of July (so pretty soon, they're primarily waiting for
the Thunderbird team to complete their latest TB beta of v3.0 because
of being dependent on some code in there)
Feel free to grab SM2.0alpha3 to test, it won't touch your existing SM
and import all data to a new profile and is very stable, especially
for an alpha version.
regards

Martin

Even the thought of testing an "alpha" makes me shudder with angst. It
seems to me that the news-mail part of SM 1x is not nearly so deficient
and outdated as the browser portion. If it is Thunderbird 3 which is
holding up SM 2x then maybe SM 2.0 should be released with a lesser mail
client.

I guess I'm especially despondent because I've been a fanatical
supporter of the "suite" browser concept since Netscape 0.8 and now I
feel that nothing sufficiently modern is out there that I'm comfortable
using. The SeaMonkey Project is in danger of becoming irrelevant if they
keep dithering and waiting for utter perfection.

--Ken Rudolph

According to Robert Kaiser it wasn't planned and they were pretty surprised that the TB team struggled that much / was lacking a proper plan or whatever. They are kinda angry because of that and it sounded like that there will be taken actions to prevent such thing happening again.
regards

Martin

PS: As said for an alpha it's very stable, don't compare it too much with other alphas you might have tested, as the codebase is pretty mature. Of course it's not recommended to replace SM1 with SM2 yet in a productivity environment but having SM2 parallely doesn't harm and keeps up the hope/interest ;-)