NoOp schrieb:
On 07/26/2009 03:57 AM, Martin Feitag wrote:
NoOp schrieb:
On 07/25/2009 01:05 PM, Gerald Ross wrote:
Martin Feitag wrote:
Gerald Ross schrieb:
   Installed the beta version. Do I actually HAVE to have a master
   password? I never did in previous versions. Unable to bypass the window
   to make a master Password. Also unable to invent a password that I can
   really remember (oldtimer's disease) and that it will accept.

I guess I experienced the same when I migrated a Seamonkey 1.1.x profile
to SM2 after installing SM2.0b1. It seems like SM2 creates a key3.db
file in the profile-directory which is useless. After renaming/deleting
that file everything was fine and even the imported passwords were
Hope that helps

Wish I had known that earlier. I actually did a master password reset,
then re-entered all my passwords one at a time. Only had about 15-20
that I still use so not a huge operation. Thanks.

For others; you don't have to do either of the above.

I'm sorry but for now this is wrong. In fact when this problem comes up
for people who had not used a master-password in SM1, they /do/ need to

I didn't have a Master-Password either.
I started SM2 after migrating for the first time and it asked for a
master-password right away (I guess because it tries to check for mail
already in SM2 without having to open the mail-window, by default)
So migrating from SM1.1.17 to SM2.0b1 caused a master password prompt
right from the start for me, before doing anything else.

See my reply to Gerald Ross.