On 9/15/2009 2:04 PM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
> Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:56:42 -0500, /George Carden/:
>> Ken Rudolph wrote:
>>
>>> Using Seamonkey 1.1.18, W-XP, when I try to use the "What's on your
>>> mind" box on Facebook (but not the "comment" box where it works fine),
>>> the box doesn't take any typing.  Instead the page skips down a few
>>> lines, but no typing appears. This doesn't happen with Firefox.  And
>>> if I click on the IE tab add-on to SM it also doesn't happen, no
>>> problems with typing entry in either browser.  This has only started
>>> happening the past couple of days.  Any fix for this? Anybody else
>>> having this problem?
>> Same here, Ken!  I thought it was just me.  No idea about a fix.
>
> Try spoofing as Firefox.  Create a string preference (on the
> <about:config> page), for example:
>
> general.useragent.extra.spoofox
>
> with value of:
>
> Firefox/2.0.0.24

PLEASE:  Any one who does this should also submit a bug report against
the offending Web site.  Otherwise you are encouraging such faulty
behavior.

If you don't know how to submit a bug report and don't want to establish
a Bugzilla account, do the following:

1.  Go to the Web site in question.

2.  On the SeaMonkey menu bar, select [Help > Report Broken Web Site].

3.  Follow the instructions.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>