Jens Hatlak wrote:
The standard reply to questions when there will be a release has been
"when it's done". That worked as long as there was no light at the end
of the tunnel but at some point the decision was made to put an end to
the delay. The reasons for releasing this month go beyond bug counts and
product quality but that doesn't mean those things are unimportant
either. It's just time to finally wrap things up.

The point in time comes when the tradeoff between being how much the current "stable" version sucks and how much the current development state for the new version sucks requires some hard decisions to actually ship it.

From all I see, we already have way fewer problems on 2.0 nightly versions than on 1.1.18, which means to me that we really should ship it.

Robert Kaiser