Robert Kaiser wrote:
A Williams wrote:
Robert Kaiser wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
Oh! mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey appeared twice in the Newsgroups
distribution list.

Yes, apparently I failed to change the second one to a "Followup-to" as
I had intended :(

Robert Kaiser

Hmmm, could that not be considered a bug?

Not sure, but possibly. Can't harm to file it. :)

Robert Kaiser

Well, I found that the visible difference between my production profile and the virgin test profile is that I had "allow cookies for the originating website only" on the production system (the one that failed). I confirmed that setting this on the virgin system caused that site to fail, also. I confirmed that changing the setting to "allow all cookies" fixed my production seamonkey rc1 profile, too. So, is the case closed?

However, just out of curiosity, I uninstalled Seamonkey 2 RC1 from the virgin test system and installed Seamonkey 1.1.18 and found that the banking web site works properly with either setting of "allow cookies..."!

Also, why does this setting make a difference between clicking a link to open in the same window vs. opening in a separate tab or window (which worked in SM 2 RC1 all along)?

So, I'm happy, but I do indeed wonder why this setting makes no difference in the website behavior in SM 1.1.18, but obviously does in SM 2 RC1.

(I could find no corresponding cookie setting in Firefox, so I couldn't try this change in Firefox.)

Bob