Daniel schrieb:
> Russell wrote:
>> I really like the Seamonkey browser and have used it for years. In
>> previous SM
>> releases I could do a custom install and not install the email feature
>> as I
>> prefer to use another email client.
>> With Seamonkey v2 RC's custom install there's no option to omit the email
>> component and now every time I click on an email link in SM it's
>> asking me to
>> setup my Seamonkey email service.
>> How can I get rid of this and have my email open in the application I
>> prefer?
>> I'm using XP, but assume this issue exists with Vista as well.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Russell
>
> Russell, it is my understanding that as SeaMonkey Suite includes a
> mail&news agent, SeaMonkey's first mail call will always be to it's
> inbuilt mail agent.
>
> If you've been using just the browser portion of SeaMonkey and getting
> it to call another, separate, mail agent, I'd be interested to here how
> you achieved that!!
He dismissed the mail-part n the Seamonkey setup, it's that easy.
The problem is that Seamonkey 2.0 does not allow that and by default
handles mailto-links internally.

I never tried that and I'm unsure if it works but maybe those
preferences could help Russel:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.protocol-handler.external.(protocol)
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.protocol-handler.app.(protocol)
regards