On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 08:56:19 +0200, Martin Freitag
<prof_nosp...@quantentunnel.de> wrote:

>He dismissed the mail-part n the Seamonkey setup, it's that easy.
>The problem is that Seamonkey 2.0 does not allow that and by default
>handles mailto-links internally.

Exactly. Previous versions allowed you to install only those parts you wanted
via the Custom install option.  I might have to uninstall the 2.0 beta if an
easy solution isn't there yet.  I really would prefer not to have to muck with
the Registry which seems to be what the following suggests I'd have to do:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Register_protocol

Perhaps someone will jump in with an easy fix. I do hope the final release
offers the same install flexibility as did the previous versions.

Russell