David E. Ross wrote:
On 10/26/2009 4:45 AM, David Wilkinson wrote:
Using XP, I have for some time been plagued by freezes in SM1. The application becomes unresponsive, and all the SM windows in Task Manager show "Not responding". After a while (30 seconds perhaps) it comes back to life.

But now I am saying the same thing in SM2 (on a different XP machine). It may be related to mail/news, because I have not seen it happen when I have only browser windows open.

Does anybody else see this?

Currently, I have SeaMonkey 1.1.18.  I did a custom install without
mail-news.  I do not bother with RSS.

I see the freeze whenever a page contains JavaScript that causes
additional scripts to download and then execute.  I especially see it
when such a chain of scripts involves a final display that is a PDF
document in my browser window. but I also occasionally see it when the
chain of scripts does not involve PDF.

Because of this, I used the PrefBar extension to create a JavaScript
checkbox.  Unchecking the checkbox disables JavaScript.  Now, when I
visit a Web site where I've seen this freeze in the past, I uncheck.
Sometimes I have to be alert to check the checkbox when navigating
through such a site to a page that is just plain broken without
JavaScript.

RSS doesn't exist in Mac version of SM 1.1.8 never has. you could add an extension but didn't like it. Even in FF I don't use it.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com