Benoit Renard wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
mailing links to pages which have the js doesn't make thing more secure,
just less convenient.

It does make it more secure. With no JavaScript in the e-mail message, you can't get exposed to the JavaScript just by opening the message. You have to choose to visit the page.

And just because we can't make both safe doesn't mean we shouldn't at least try to make one of them safe.

Active-X will never, ever be safe. Java-script could be is some would take the time. They make Java work in Sandbox (whatever that is). Why can't Java-script. Must not be too dangerous Adobe acrobat uses it extensively.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com