JohnW-Mpls wrote:
You got it. Phillip - it's not a bug but a design change/flaw.  I went
to 2.x for better security but the design of ID/Password handling went
overboard.

I have a few hundred bookmarks and a few dozen with ID/Password
protection.  The Wall St Journal is a nice example, one of the
publications I go to daily.

When I go to the WSJ site with 1.x, their site comes up with a "Hello,
John" greeting - they already know me as a customer.  With 2.x. the
WSJ comes up but I am restricted till I click to login and then I need
to right-click for 5-15 seconds for 2.x to finally respond with my
ID/Password, or I need to enter in the first character of the ID I use
for that vendor.

I use a number of ID/Passwords for different purposes, for different
clients, etc.  Remembering which one for which site is not practical
for a human - that's what I have a computer for, and the 1.x and even
old Netscape does it well - user friendly.

I think if the banks are the ones that forced this change on Mozilla, the proper response SHOULD have been to tell them to go pound sand and write their own damned browser and leave the Mozilla team free to write the browser the USERS want...

--
Jaime A. Cruz
President

AMA District 34