Lee wrote:
On 7/4/11, Rufus<n...@home.com>  wrote:
Philip Chee wrote:
On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 17:32:08 -0700, Rufus wrote:

No, I don't think *you* understand.  Go to the Apple App store and do a
search on "browser" - you will find pages of iPad and iPhone browsers
that *directly* compete with Apples Safari browser...I may have even
found another one that I like better than Atomic...and I like Atomic
better than Safari.

To say that Apple "won't allow" competing software on the App store only
tells me that you haven't done much surfing on the App store.  Go look.

Rufus, when you are in a hole, please stop digging. And please go
educate yourself on the issue before continuing to sprout off.

Thank you.

Phil

The premise that Apple "won't allow" is simply false - period.  The you
don't want to swim in their pool?..fine.  Just say so.  But It's not
"impossible".  Just flat not.

The app store guidelines disagree w/ you.

http://www.cultofmac.com/heres-the-full-text-of-apples-new-app-store-guidelines/58590
2.17 Apps that browse the web must use the iOS WebKit framework and
WebKit Javascript

Can this thread die now?   Please?

Lee

...well, then...someone better advise Apple of it's own guidelines, because there's a ton of Safari competitors on the App Store.

There's also Garage Band competitors on there too...

--
     - Rufus