Doors wrote:
On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 22:06:05 -0800, DoctorBill<ab...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

HI, I have exactly the opposite problem.

I have searched hi and lo, but found no solution anywhere.
I DO NOT!!!, want any tabs ever.
They are disruptive to the way I work and would like to utterly remove
the function from my browser.
I still run 2.0.14 with modified nscontext and two other files that
remove all tabs.

I have tried 2.6.1 in vbox and in a portable install and am so far
unable to remove the cursed things.

I search for ways to get rid of the pests and I get advice about hiow
better they are from everyone.
They are not better for me and do not want them.

I made the same cghanges to 2.6.1 that I did to 2.0.14 and still I get
tabs sometimes.
I managed to even redirect the context menu for tabs to open new windows
instead on 2.0.14
Does anyone have a clue how to do the same to 2.6.1 ??????

I appreciate that I can still disable that stupid search inpage that
someone decided looked great on the menu bar, thanks for thinking of us
who like the floating search.
I often have over a dozen windows open at once and the ability to
specify a text search in one then do all the windows one ata time by
hitting F3 is great.

Now if only there was some way to do the same to tabs.

Is there a way to redirect gbrowser.add to a newwindow function instead?

Thanks for listening to my rants.

Thanks again for any help in advance.

<Snip>

Doors, have you had a look at your Edit->Preferences->Browser->Tabbed Browsing and Edit->Preferences->Browser->Link Behavior settings.

Should be able to set things up the way you want.

--
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours, and may 2012 be better than 2011.

Daniel