On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 21:15:26 +1100, Daniel <d...@albury.nospam.net.au>
wrote:

>Doors wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 22:06:05 -0800, DoctorBill<ab...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> HI, I have exactly the opposite problem.
>>
>> I have searched hi and lo, but found no solution anywhere.
>> I DO NOT!!!, want any tabs ever.
>> They are disruptive to the way I work and would like to utterly remove
>> the function from my browser.
>> I still run 2.0.14 with modified nscontext and two other files that
>> remove all tabs.
>>
>> I have tried 2.6.1 in vbox and in a portable install and am so far
>> unable to remove the cursed things.
>>
>> I search for ways to get rid of the pests and I get advice about hiow
>> better they are from everyone.
>> They are not better for me and do not want them.
>>
>> I made the same cghanges to 2.6.1 that I did to 2.0.14 and still I get
>> tabs sometimes.
>> I managed to even redirect the context menu for tabs to open new windows
>> instead on 2.0.14
>> Does anyone have a clue how to do the same to 2.6.1 ??????
>>
>> I appreciate that I can still disable that stupid search inpage that
>> someone decided looked great on the menu bar, thanks for thinking of us
>> who like the floating search.
>> I often have over a dozen windows open at once and the ability to
>> specify a text search in one then do all the windows one at a time by
>> hitting F3 is great.
>>
>> Now if only there was some way to do the same to tabs.
>>
>> Is there a way to redirect gbrowser.add to a newwindow function instead?
>>
>> Thanks for listening to my rants.
>>
>> Thanks again for any help in advance.
>>

><Snip>
>
>Doors, have you had a look at your Edit->Preferences->Browser->Tabbed
>Browsing and Edit->Preferences->Browser->Link Behavior settings.
>
>Should be able to set things up the way you want.

I have set all those to eliminate tabs.
Yet the addon manager keeps appearing in tabs.
The context menu still contains tabs that open unlike I was able to
modify 2.0.14 not to anymore.
I did everything to 2.6.1 that I did to 2.0.14 and I still get tabs.

While I can understand that some people find tabs convinient or easy to
use, why do the rest of us have them forced on us?

All I would really like is a setting like there is for new search in
page function.
I hate it, but a single setting eliminates it.
I would of course perfer if it were off by default, but htat is just me
being pointlessly pickty and in no way expect it.

If I had another newer browser that did't support them I would switch,
but they appear to be all the craze.

Has anyone managed to do a compile your own on seamonkey.
My C/C++ skills are up to little stuff in Cygwin/Mingw, not a monster
like this or I wuld alter everything to deny all tabs always.
And maybe remove the new search thing along with RSS and a couple of
nags while I am at it.

But lacking the necessary skills, I am hoping someone out there knows
more than I do.

Doors.

--
Doors - Dont look at the future in a window.
        Walk to a door - Open it, and go there.

http://www.freedoors.org
AntiSpam in effect!
doorsremov...@freedoors.org