WLS wrote:

Can't help you with the IE problem, but some things to check in SM and Fx.

Do you have JavaScript enabled, or NoScript installed?

I don't see the button when I disable JavaScript in my SeaMonkey.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20120717 Firefox/14.0.1
SeaMonkey/2.11

Why do you want to sign up? So far only the Mozilla Developer Network,
Bugzilla, and the upcoming Social feature of Firefox are using it, and I
think they have a test site.

Unless, you are like me, and want to test everything. It will not be
widely implemented in my lifetime. It is easy to use.

JavaScript is not the issue. The button appears here in both the current SM and FF, Javascript turned on or off.

The button is created entirely using new CSS3 properties, particularly the -moz-linear-gradient for background-image and border-radius. I didn't think you could turn off just the CSS3 properties, but sounds like Desiree managed to do that.