On 11/10/2012 08:27 AM, Desiree wrote:
"Jim Dell" <del...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:moydnqfuk6elzwpnnz2dnuvz_redn...@mozilla.org...
Ed Mullen wrote:
Desiree wrote:
Under System Requirements for SeaMonkey Windows 8 is not mentioned. Why?
Does SM not work on Windows 8 (desktop not Metro)? I need it to work
because
a Windows 8 computer is on its way. and ALL 8 of my EMail addresses
are POP
only. I'm planning on using SeaMonkey Mail but now I am worried about it
working on Windows 8.

As reported in other threads, yes, SM works in W8, no compatability
mode, no tweaks, nada.  It works.  As does Firefox.  Haven't tested
Thunderbird but I couldn't care less.

I think it would be good to specify the type of hardware used.  I think
there is going to be some confusion over the different types of Windows 8.
Make sure people know it's not the tablet version.

Jim

Now I am confused. I thought Win 8 was Metro or Desktop and when on Desktop
you keep getting flipped into Metro when you don't want that. So, you have
to do all sorts of third party fixes and tweaks to keep from being flipped
to Metro which a desktop user wants to avoid completely, right? The real
difference is what sort of monitor you have. I have no intention of buying a
24 Dell Ultrsharp that is touch screen! YUCK! You need Metro for
touch...what else would you need it for? So, hardware that has a touch
screen, some laptops and tablets and ultrabooks would require Metro
...everything else would be Desktop side. Right?

Is there is special Tablet version of Win 8?

Surface

<www.microsoft.com/Surface/en-US/surface-with-windows-rt/home>