"Zanqeutil" <zanqeu...@nomatterwhat.com> wrote in message
news:cmmdnrd5emsosd3nnz2dnuvz_qqdn...@mozilla.org...
> Snip
>
> Desiree wrote:
>
>> If MS Money from '99 will run on it, I sure wish Word before 2007 would.
>> have MS Money for W98 but I want earlier version (non ribbon) of Word to
>> run
>> but have been told it will not.
>

> I know this is a bit OT here but you can run Office 2007 -2010 in non
> ribbon mode. There is a free tool UbitMenu to do this. It's free for
> private use. I don't know if it will run in Windows 8.
>
> http://www.howtogeek.com/80100/how-to-bring-back-the-old-menus-in-office-2007-2/
>
> http://www.ubitmenu.com/
>
> Free version
> http://www.ubitmenu.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=34&lang=en
>
> Zanqeutil

Thanks for the links. I remember after the Office 2007 public 6 month beta
that I did (and never got used to the ribbon) that I read there was PAID
($50) software that would take away the ribbon. But I never read about any
free software and I just kept using Word 2002.  A trial of Office 2010 for
Student and Home comes on my new computer.  I might buy that version of
Office if I can get free software to take away the ribbon.