Felix Miata wrote:

> Your docs, pics, etc. aren't on C:? If not, why is your SeaMonkey
> profile not in the same vicinity? The default Windows location of
> profile data for SeaMonkey (and most other user data) is ludicrous.
> User data shouldn't be lost in a deep nest amongst system data,
> program data and programs.
>
> You can put your SeaMonkey profile data wherever you please. You
> should put it wherever is most convenient for you to access, backup
> and restore. Once you decide on a location, copy or move it from the
> current location there, then find SeaMonkey's profile.ini file, and
> edit it to match your profile to its new location.

I agree that the default location for most user data is crazy,
which is why all of my systems have at least two discs each with
multiple partitions, but I also think that your first question
may be based on a faulty premise :  some backup agents will
backup documents, pictures, etc., from their Windows default
location on the C: drive yet flatly refuse to allow the whole
of C: to be backed up; I have, in these circumstances, actually
had to create a junction point on another drive in order to
overcome this, something that relatively few users would know
how to do.

Philip Taylor