Over the last week, I've had a couple of problems with folders on my primary account. I'm running Seamonkey 2.40 on Windows 7, and the mailbox in question is a POP account.

1) A few days ago, I found that in one of my folders, most (but not all) the messages in the folder got duplicated, including read/unread status, folder icons that show forwarding and/or reply, and tags. The folder was only a couple hundred messages, and cleaning up was only a mild irritant, but I've seen this kind of thing happen 2 or 3 times previously over 3 or 4 years.

Any idea of what's going on?

2) About an hour ago, I found that a bunch of messages have gone missing from my inbox, and I haven't purged or deleted anything en masse (although I was doing maintenance work and deleted a handful of messages one at a time).

Nothing in my trash folder that I can't account for having deleted. This morning there were about 160 messages in the inbox, and now there's about 40. An odd thing is that for the messages that are still there, nearly everything is dated October 2016, but there are two messages with timestamps of October 2013.

After making a backup of the entire profile, I did delete the MSF file and re-indexed, on the odd chance that the problem is indexing, but that didn't accomplish anything.

I have my mail profile backed up (something that I do daily), and it's easy enough to recover the Inbox file and the accompanying index file, but I've forgotten how to restore just a single folder.

What I want to do is take just a copy of the backed up inbox, and copy the messages from the recovered inbox and put them into a folder, where I can then manually merge back into my regular inbox.

Can anybody remind me how to do this?

Smith