Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
If Inbox does have subfolders, you're looking for a /folder/ named
"Inbox.sbd," /as well as/ the files "Inbox" and "Inbox.msf." After
deleting "Inbox.msf," rename both the folder and the file analogously
("Bad_Inbox" and "Bad_Inbox.sbd") and then move the corresponding backup
files to the mail folder.

That's the part that I needed.

I've restored individual folders before, but I wasn't making any progress when I tried to restore an inbox. I do have sub-folders in the inbox, and the thing I needed to account for was renaming Inbox.sbd. Once I did that (and copied in the older inbox.sbd), everything is working the way I need.

Thanks for the feedback.

Smith