David E. Ross wrote:

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64) Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64;
rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.48

I have an account at the Vanguard Group (mutual funds).  If I login
to my account via SeaMonkey, I can schedule a phone call appointment
with my account representative.  The Web page for making an
appointment always shows me as being in the Mountain Time zone; but I
am in California, which is in the Pacific Time zone.  The account
representative told me that Vanguard's Web technicians tested this
Web page from accounts in California and consistently get Pacific
Time zone.

This is not a new problem with SeaMonkey 2.48; I have seen this with
2.46 and earlier versions.  Windows says I am in the Pacific Time
zone. You can check this by viewing the source of this message.  More
simply, you can compare the posting time of this message with my
current time, which is 12:08pm.

Is there a time zone setting in SeaMonkey?  Or does it ALWAYS use
the Windows setting for this?

I belong to several web sites that have their own time zone settings in the account profile. In each case, I have to go into my account profile and update it, because they ignore my own computer's settings. That's where you should be looking -- in your profile at the Vanguard site. Just as they store your name and address, they also store your time zone. Mountain must be their default, which is strange since their home office is in Valley Forge, PA.

Paul B. Gallagher